Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Vintage Shaker Card - Crafty Gals Corner Guest Designing

First of all - MERRY CHRISTMAS! Or whatever holiday it is that you're celebrating this month. I can't believe that it's sooooo close to happening.

I'm heading out for a 5 1/2 hour car ride and can't wait to see my little nieces and nephews, my siblings, and my parents!!

But first - my design for Crafty Gals Corner this week. I've been guest designing with them all month and the great thing is that it's Anything Goes all month long so you can post whatever you want!

I was working with a silhouetted digi image - Silhouette Butterfly Flowers - from Bugaboo. I've wanted to try out printing on vellum and decided to make a little shaker card. 


The glitter in the shaker is very subtle when it's all put together, since it's behind heavy weight vellum. 

Here's how it's made: 

First - I used a Spellbinders die and painted over a gold metallic paper with some silver Perfect Pearls to give it a patina finish. 

Painting_with_perfect_pearls

Next, since I wanted my shaker to be mostly flat, I positioned a bunch of sequins/chunky glitter together in a pile on a piece of off-white paper. 


Lastly - glue all the way around the edges, ensuring a tight seal to make sure none of your shaker bits escape. 

Making_a_flat_shaker_card

Here's what it looks like all put together with the rest of the stuff I decided to add to the card! I added a sentiment from Verve's Big Wish set - which is filled with awesome birthday sentiments.


vintage handmade card with shaker elements


Isn't it vintagey and gorgeous?! I just adore the glimmers of metallic and the subtlety of the shaker bits behind the vellum. Proof that when you just glue a whole bunch of flowers on things, it all works out. 

Really - that should be my life's motto: Having a rough day? Just glue a bunch of flowers on it. Boyfriend being mean? Just glue a bunch of flowers on him. That new recipe didn't turn out? Just glue a bunch of flowers on it. 


Make sure you all visit Crafty Gals Corner to enter the challenge. Bugaboo has graciously decided they are going to give away 7 images to the winner!

I'm also sending this over to the following challenges:
Seize the Birthday - ATG with option of red and white
 Mixed Media Monthly - Silver and Gold
Digi Galore - Monochrome with a hint of color


Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

  1. So pretty, Becca! Love how you pulled these elements all together! Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is one gorgeous design!! I just love the brush of pearls over your frame! So creative!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and stunning New Year my friend! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning, Becca. Thanks for sharing the tutorial on how you created this fabulous look. I'll have to give this a try soon. I will also check out the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner, and I hope that you will stop by to play along in our challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I would LOVE to see your amazing art shared in our challenges.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card - love how you created the shaker- hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family - hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Becca! Love this patina doily awesome shaker thing you've got going on. And the flowers and sprays are the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous Becca, I really need to create shaker cards more often...I have some beautiful sequins to use, thanks for the inspiration! hope you have a very merry christmas!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning!! I love the shaker!! It looks so gorgeous!! Beautiful card my friend!! I hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season!! Merry Christmas!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous shaker card Becca, so pretty. Have a fabulous time with the family...Merry Christmas. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Stunning vintage shaker card, just gorgous!! The distressed paper matches very well with your frame! Fabulous creation, love it!!!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing the details! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This reminds me of parlors with cut velvet upholstery on the settees and wingback chairs. Perhaps there's a chaise in there too. Just beautiful...and I see that glitter just fine, thank you. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow be a..this is gorgeous! Love that image printed on the vellum. There is just so much to love here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That DP reminds me of a vintage chair! Super cool shaker card! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vintagey prettiness Becca!! The tattered edges, the doily, the flowers...they all add up to wonderful! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Becca..and Merry Christmas to you! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your philosophy of gluing some flowers on whatever and which ever. :-) Great card Becca, love the muted effect of the sequins behind the vellum'
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe by the time you get this comment you'll be HOOOOOME with the family and having a ball. Or well on the way, I hope. Enjoy!!! Guess who rocked up on our doorstep today? MY BOY, my baby boy, who flew all the way from San Fran home for Christmas as a surprise. I'm soooo happy!!! Haven't seen him for 10 months & he's back in the USA all next year. So it's been great. Hope your family love you being home to bits, too. Oh, and the card is gorgeous...... OF COURSE!!!!!!! Have a lovely CHristmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful shaker card! Love the shabby chic look of the card and how subtle the shaker material is!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning! I love vintage and shabby chic and all things girly. Love the digi, love the flowers, love the frame - love it all! Merry Christmas. Enjoy your family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, Becca. Love that we get to see parts of the process. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks very Beautiful !
    Enjoy your Holidays ,Wishing you and your Family Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is ever so lovely, Becca! Every detail is a delight! Hope you had a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful hope you have had a great Xmas Becca and have a fab new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is a extra special shaker card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore your card Becca!!
    I hope you are having a fabulous Holiday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, love it . Wishing you a wonderful 2016
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous! This card really does have a great "vintagey" feel. I love all the attention to details. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and the New Year holds nothing but amazing things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful shaker card with a lovely spray of flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great shaker card! They are so much fun to create and receive.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful vintage card hun, I love the warmth and metallics xx

    ReplyDelete