Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Card Concept - Purple Fusion

It's Wednesday! Hump day! Anybody looking forward to this weekend?

*Raises own hand. Waves it violently*

But here's something to put you all in a better mood. Who doesn't love PURPLE? And lots of it.  




Over at The Card Concept, we've got a brand new challenge and I was instantly drawn to the variations of all the purple bottles. 



I loved the glassy and chalky finish to it, so I busted out my Ken Oliver Color Burst Crystals and a paintbrush and went to town on the big ol' hydrangea stamp from Winnie and Walter's  In Bloom: Addie's Garden stamp set.


I painted a matching row of stripes on my side panel and gave my other panel a little funky curvature using the STAMPlorations Sttched Snow Hills die cuts. Who says they have to be snow hills? I finished off the look by adding some opalescent sequins. 

I was inspired by the challenge going on at City Crafter. They want to see flowers on your projects.  Happy to oblige!

I hope you'll go check out The Card Concept and play along! 

By the by - I'm up on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog today sharing a hippity hoppity Eastery design. 


Pop over and check it out!


21 comments:

  1. Raising my own hand, I'm not a huge fan of purple - it's our daughter's favorite color, and I don't like to step on toes...however, those bottles in the inspiration photo are pretty sweet. As is your card. I popped over to the challenge earlier, and saw your card there. Wow. A real standout, if you ask me. You've actually made me like purple a bit more! It's a gorgeous card. And what a sweet bunny!! The pinks and greens are so Spring-like. With coffee, it's a very, very happy card!!! Love them both. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to LOVE purple, then it was too much, and now I'm really starting to love it again! I love your card, of course! It's so bright and cheerful and really makes me feel like spring!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always LOVE purple and this card is just a joy for my eyes!! Such a fresh, sweet and happy feel!! It remembers me spring, summer, ice creams, girls and love :) Love it! Great colouring and amazing design with the contrast of the two layers and the stitched curve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously cheery card with that bright pretty purple, Becca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, Becca!! I love the curved edge and the beautiful purple flowers!! It looks amazing!! The coffee-drinking bunny is precious, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love purple and your card really evokes those bottles. I also love the coffee bunny. His look reminds me of my hubby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely be trying this challenge out!! Purple is my "in" color these days!! STUNNING card. Love the blooms and the fun stripes together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bunny coffee card and the purple hydrangeas are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is bursting with spring prettiness Becca, love it!! Cute little bunny card too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the floral card Becca - gorgeous colours! The rabbit /coffee one is super cute
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card for our challenge! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waving my hand wildly too...at the thought of the weekend AND to draw your attention to let you know how much I adore your pretty purple hydrangeas and their complementary stripes! I'm often on the fence about purple, but your card here has me falling to the side of LOVE! Artsy awesome! As for your bunny...cuteness, plus!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those wavy stripes are awesome! Becca, you make the most gorgeous cards and this one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super pretty card! Love the bunny, too!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty!!! And I love the decorative side panel! I always raise my hand on Wednesdays!!!!! WooHoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the curve against your hand painted stripes, so perfect with the gorgeous blooms.

    ReplyDelete